ASSISTANT (KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM)
We are currently seeking a CDW (level 2) to join our dynamic team; this person will work along side our wonderful K teacher to offer a dynamic, modern, and hans-on program to our group of 20 Kindergarten children. We pride ourselves on the quality of relationship that we maintain with all children and their families, and with our ability to make every day an exciting adventure in the world of discovery. If this fits who you are, submit your resume to email@example.com
- Manage a group of children with ratio 1:10 (2 adults for 20);
- Work in team with a Kindergaten Teacher to present a dynamic and engaging to children;
- Supervise small groups of children between ages 3 and 6, indoor and outdoor;
- Assist children in a variety of tasks such as academic (i.e. writing), personal management (i.e. dressing up and using the toilet), and interpersonal (i.e. conflict resolutions);
- Manage learning space (classroom) and materials;
- Contribute to cleaning duties as per required by AHS;
- Contribute to Food Serving duties;
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Staff, Administrators, Students, and Families;
- Be an advocate for V.I.K. Academy Ltd.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Child Care Worker (Level 2) recognized in Alberta;
- Experience managing a group of 8 to 10 children;
- Experience with leading activities;
- Experience with Child Care Regulations (or excellent understanding);
- Language proficiency: Excellent French and English communication skills;
- Obtain a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Possess a Child Care First Aid Training.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL KNOWELEGE NEEDED TO WORK AT V.I.K. ACADEMY LTD:
- FRENCH IMMERISON: be familiar with best practices in Language Acquisition;
- 21st CENTURY LEARNING: be familiar with the philosophy of 21st century learning.
PERSONNAL QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Passionate, motivated, positive thinking, inspiring;
- Creative, adaptable, proactive, and a problem-solver;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (with co-workers, administration, and parents);
- Able to connect with children and maintain excellent interactions;
- Be comfortable with noisy environment;
- Be a team worker.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT V.I.K. ACADEMY LTD:
At V.I.K. Academy we strive for excellence and we believe that it begins with a Staff of excellence that shares our vision and mission values. We acknowledge that we can’t be all we want to be without a dedicated Staff. In return, we strive to offer our Staff good working conditions.
- Be part of a team of amazing Educators;
- Work with motivated children and families that value Education;
- Have a good work-life balance with reasonable schedules;
- Stimulating & friendly environment where you can make a difference;
- Financial assistance for professional development;
- Gain experiences with the most up-to-date Educational Practices;
- Lead Teachers are provided with a laptop;
- Government Wage Top-Up as per Pre-Accreditation stage (Full Accreditation expected in Fall).