Co-Lead Educator for JK / K
Co-Lead Educators share all the Lead-Educator responsibilities with another Lead-Educator. Combined, both Lead Educators oversee a group totaling 16 children on a daily basis. Each Lead Educator is expected to share all responsibilities.
- Develop and implement an educational & child-care program that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of all children;
- Make oneself aware of the Alberta Education Curriculum of Teaching for Kindergarten;
- Prepare and Lead Educational Activities;
- Maintain Students’’ observations and Portfolios for Planning and Evaluation Purposes;
- Supervise small groups of children between ages 3 and 6, indoor and outdoor;
- Assist children in a variety of tasks such as academic (i.e. writing), personal management (i.e. dressing up and using the toilet), and interpersonal (i.e. conflict resolutions);
- Manage learning space (classroom) and materials;
- Contribute to cleaning duties as per required by AHS;
- Contribute to Food Serving duties;
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Staff, Administrators, Students, and Families;
- Be an advocate for V.I.K. Academy Ltd.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Child Care Worker (Level 2) recognized in Alberta;
- Experience managing a group of 8 to 10 children;
- Experience with planning activities;
- Experience with Child Care Regulations (or excellent understanding);
- Language proficiency: Excellent French and English communication skills;
- Obtain a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Possess a Child Care First Aid Training.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL KNOWELEGE NEEDED TO WORK AT V.I.K. ACADEMY LTD:
- FRENCH IMMERISON: be familiar with best practices in Language Acquisition;
- 21st CENTURY LEARNING: be familiar with the philosophy of 21st century learning;
- PROGRAM PLANNING: understand the principles of planning educational activities.
PERSONNAL QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Passionate, motivated, positive thinking, inspiring;
- Creative, adaptable, and proactive;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (with co-workers, administration, and parents);
- Has the ability to connect with children and maintain excellent interactions;
- Is comfortable with noisy environment;
- Be a team worker.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT V.I.K. ACADEMY LTD:
At V.I.K. Academy we strive for excellence and we believe that it begins with a Staff of excellence that shares our vision and mission values. We acknowledge that we can’t be all we want to be without a dedicated Staff. In return, we strive to offer our Staff good working conditions.
- Be part of a team of amazing Educators;
- Work with motivated children and families that value Education;
- Have a good work-life balance with reasonable schedules;
- Stimulating & friendly environment where you can make a difference;
- Financial assistance for professional development;
- Gain experiences with the most up-to-date Educational Practices;
- Lead Teachers are provided with a laptop;
- Government Wage Top-Up as per Pre-Accreditation stage (Full Accreditation expected in Fall).