CHILD DEVELOPMENT WORKER (LEVEL 2)
We are currently seeking a CDW (level 2) to join our dynamic team; this person will work with our wonderful team to offer a dynamic, modern, and hans-on program to one of our group (we have a group of 16 children aged 3 to 4.5 years old, and one group of 20 children aged 4.5 to 6 years old).
We pride ourselves on the quality of relationship that we maintain with all children and their families, and with our ability to make every day an exciting adventure in the world of discovery. If this fits who you are, submit your resume to email@example.com
- Manage a group of 8 to 10 children (depending on group);
- Work in team with other CDW or CDS to present a dynamic and engaging program to children;
- Supervise small groups of children between ages 3 and 6, indoor and outdoor;
- Assist children in a variety of tasks such as academic (i.e. pre-writing), personal management (i.e. dressing up and using the toilet), and interpersonal (i.e. conflict resolutions);
- Manage learning space (classroom) and materials;
- Contribute to cleaning duties as per required by AHS;
- Contribute to Food Serving duties;
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Staff, Administrators, Students, and Families;
- Help ensuring that V.I.K. Academy Ltd meets the Accrediation Standards;
- Be an advocate for V.I.K. Academy Ltd.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Have obtained or nearly obtained a Level 2 - Child Development Worker;
- Experience managing a group of 8 to 10 children;
- Experience with leading activities;
- Possess a good understanding of Child Care Regulations (or excellent understanding);
- Experience or great understanding of Accreditation Standards;
- Language proficiency: Excellent French and English communication skills;
- Obtain a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Possess a Child Care First Aid Training.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL KNOWELEGE NEEDED TO WORK AT V.I.K. ACADEMY LTD:
- FRENCH IMMERISON: be familiar with best practices in Language Acquisition;
- 21st CENTURY LEARNING: be familiar with the philosophy of 21st century learning and/or Emergent Curriculum Practices.
PERSONNAL QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Passionate, motivated, positive thinking, inspiring;
- Creative, adaptable, proactive, and a problem-solver;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (with co-workers, administration, and parents);
- Able to connect with children and maintain excellent interactions;
- Be comfortable with noisy environment;
- Be a team worker.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT V.I.K. ACADEMY LTD:
At V.I.K. Academy we strive for excellence and we believe that it begins with a Staff of excellence that shares our vision and mission values. We acknowledge that we can’t be all we want to be without a dedicated Staff. In return, we strive to offer our Staff good working conditions.
- Be part of a team of amazing Educators;
- Work with motivated children and families that value Education;
- Have a good work-life balance with reasonable schedules;
- Stimulating & friendly environment where you can make a difference;
- Financial assistance for professional development;
- Gain experiences with the most up-to-date Educational Practices;
- Lead Teachers are provided with a laptop;
- Government Wage Top-Up as per Pre-Accreditation stage (Full Accreditation expected by the end of September 2017).